Ermahgerd! Fiendlikequeen, author of the fantastic Bloodlines, nominated the Diabolical Legacy for the Liebster Award! Thanks muchly! ^_^ She’s got a great Sims 3 Legacy going on over there that you should totally check out! It’s farther along than mine.
So, the Liebster Award is for bloggers by bloggers. By that I mean that someone who is nominated for the award then nominates 5-11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who then nominate 5-11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers), etc. There’s nothing that says you can’t nominate who nominated you, but I personally think the point of the award is to spread it around. 😉
So, once you’ve been nominated, you answer the questions asked by your nominator. And once you’ve chosen & notified some blogs to nominate, then you get to ask them some questions! Fun stuff! ^_^
Questions for Me!
- What do you enjoy most about writing?
- Um…hmmm, never really analyzed it before. I think I enjoy writing because I can communicate better through it than I can through speaking. I’m not a great speaker. I take a long time to respond to questions because I analyze everything that goes through my mind and people often become impatient with me. I’m just afraid of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Writing…I can take my time to find just the right words. So, I guess I enjoy the lack of rushing. ^_^
- What’s your favourite medium, typed or paper/pen?
- Hmmm…I will always love the feel of a good pen gliding over paper. Nothing like it. But a computer is a LOT more convenient. And I don’t lose so many scraps of paper! 😉
- Do you have any pets?
- I wish. Technically, yes. A black lab, Nykki. She was the runt of her litter, so even as an adult she’s a little small. So cute! Too big to pick up, but great for snuggling with. 🙂 I got her as a puppy, I think she was 3 weeks old, but left for college when she was almost 2 years. She lives with my parents and younger sisters now, and has for quite a few years, so I’ve really given up all claim to her. She’s happy there. They have more room than I do and other dogs to play with. I love her to bits, but I doubt she’d even recognize me now. 😦
- Why did you start your blog?
- To try my hand at the legacy challenge! I’ve read a LOT of good ones (see sidebar thingey), and wanted to see what the fuss was about. And to make sure I follow through, I started this blog. ^_^
- Favourite candy?
- Chocolate! Anything chocolate! I don’t care much for white chocolate, too sweet, but anything else is great.
- Have you received this award before?
- What computer do you use, Mac or PC?
- Honestly, I prefer a Mac and I probably always will. But I use a PC currently. I do love being able to play all the games I want and not have to hunt down, or worse make my own, wrappers for common PC applications. But I do prefer the Mac OS X. I like how seamlessly everything flowed together and how I ALWAYS knew what I was installing on my computer. Apple willing provides detailed, understandable information on every update they send out. Not little blurbs “oh, this is a security update idiot, trust me!” 😡 Argh! *deep breath* …I’m fine.
- How much do you use social media?
- …not much. I read WordPress and I’ve got a tumblr lying around here somewhere, but that’s it. Is YouTube social media?
- Do you object to adult themes in stories (Sims blogs only)?
- “Adult themes”…I’m not quite sure what you mean by that, but I’m assuming you mean stuff like sex, drugs, alcohol, rape, suicide, etc. I don’t like the topics in general, they make me uncomfortable. And if anything “adult” is attempted but poorly written, I will cringe and never look at your story again. But if the scene is well-written, actually pulls out emotion, we’re cool. I don’t like the topics, I used to just avoid discussions about them in real life unless directly involved. I changed my ways for certain reasons. But they’re a part of humanity and we can’t just sweep them under the rug. Some of the best ways these “controversial” topics have been discussed is through writing and art. I think it gives us a way to look at “adult” themes without…thinking too much, if that makes sense. Writing and art give us that security blanket we need to feel safer about discussing these things. And they need to be discussed, as much as they make us uncomfortable.
- Favourite musician?
- This’ll sound cliche, but I don’t really have a favorite musician. I listen to a LOT of music, a lot of different music. There are a few that have stuck with me for a few years, so I’ll list those. Fallout Boy (unique sound), Christina Anguilera (I love her range), Audiomachine (epic music), Two Steps From Hell (EPIC music), Maroon 5 (again, awesome range), Death Cab for Cutie (the bf listens to it a lot and it’s grown on me; it’s…coffeehouse…if that makes sense ), and pretty much any classical music (first genre of music I could really just retreat into my own mind and just think)…oh! And the Piano Guys from YouTube!
- What country do you live in?
- The United States of America! As much as I don’t want to sometimes… Don’t get me wrong, the USA is a great place to live sometimes. I mean, we have so many different climates and ecosystems in one country! And they’re all beautiful in their own unique ways! We have prairies and mountains and frozen wastelands and fiery wastelands (aka desert), and they’re filled with so many different kinds of people! I love this place! On the other hand…we’re constantly getting into fights with other countries…and NO free healthcare…and NO free education…no free education… T_T
Bloggers I’m passing the stick to!
I’m trying not to repeat anything from my list on the Mayfields.
- The Frosted Legacy: It’s recently started up, but it’s pretty funny so far! I love how inanimate objects take on personalities! XD I think with a bit of work and some extra readers, it could be incredibly awesome! It’s a funny legacy that kicks off in the University world, something I haven’t seen before.
- The Freshman Legacy: A legacy set in Sunset Valley, starring Marley Freshman and his dreams of a patriarchy. It has a very sarcastic voice, and I like that. Still in the early stages, but I’m loving it so far! ^_^
- The Bedlam ISBI: Ah, ISBIs…my guilty pleasure. XD This one’s great! I’ve loved every torchholder thus far and ALL the spares have just been hilarious! Check it out! This ISBI began in Midnight Hollow, but recently moved to Lunar Lakes.
- Dayes of Our Lives: This was the first legacy I ever read. It’s still going on, even though there hasn’t been a post for a few months. It’s not your average legacy. It’s a try-everything legacy, and I do mean everything! It’s by Radsimmer and has been on-going for a few years now. They’ve got another legacy (completed) that’s very good as well: the Kyoti Legacy. This legacy begins in Sunset Valley, but has moved through just about every world that has come out.
- As Far as the World Goes: This one’s incredibly interesting. It’s not any kind of challenge and it’s not quite a “story”. More of a graphic novel. The blogger basically delves into the lives of some pre-made townie sims and gives them dialogue as they go about their lives. The plot is…it’s very interesting, trust me. Check it out! ^_^
- The Pollards: By the almighty Ixot, this is an EPIC legacy of pure epicness. XD I love the characters in this story, they’re all very unique and distinct from one another. Plus, the current world is absolutely beautiful! An EPIC legacy that starts off in Rugged Harbor! That view was beautiful! ❤
- Taken: Another of Radsimmer’s stories, but this one’s much more story than Sims 3. It’s epic. Completely finished. Just read through it. Brilliant.
There you go! ^_^
Questions for You!
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is something you’re passionate about? Something you really believe in?
- How and when did you first come across the Sims?
- What’s your preferred means of entertainment: books, movies, videogames, television, etc?
- Tea or coffee…or hot cocoa?
- Favorite food?
- What is a quality you like in a partner?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Can you believe it’s not butter?
- When was the last time you played hookey (from work, school…significant others)?
- What do you do when you sit down to write? Do you get your mind ready in certain ways?
Woo! Ready for Diabolical madness! Yeah! 😀